Wednesday 10 July 2013

Walk on!

I'm on a hiatus between jobs, and STILL there is very little time to play. I think it must be a personality flaw...

I've been getting lots done though - there was a surprise family wedding photo session in our backyard July 6 (young friends)... only 48 hours notice for 40-ish relatives! But some emergency weeding had everything looking just fine just in time, (THANK you Shantelle and Tara!) and the storms held off, so all was well. 


Yesterday I injured my toe - not too badly but it did require 3 stitches. So I got home, put my foot up and had my wine close by, and a good novel in hand. First time since my last day um, 2 weeks ago... 
(I originally posted this B&W photo and my son didn't notice the bandages; he thought I was being "arty".)

I've taken a slower day today, but it IS mid-evening and I've just finished the Diva's challenge from this week.

She asked us to use a stencil. Now here's the thing. In the distant past, we had a house in Whitehorse (Yukon - think 1898 Gold Rush) and I stencilled stars and flowers and art deco all over. It was amazing (I know, but really it was great). 

This spring we had a boarder arriving, so I cleaned up (!) and I threw out all the old stencils, thinking it was unlikely I would need them. 
Hah.
Always what happens!
So I kept looking and found a box FULL of Creative Memories art cards. Thumbing through, Calgary and Southern Alberta flood recovery is still on my mind, so the cowboy boot was pulled... Walk on, Albertans!
Patterns I know I used: Shattuck, Huggins, Jonqal, N'zeppel, Finery, Bunzo, Inapod

8 comments:

  1. Love your boot! Indeed walk on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely boot! I love your choice of tangles. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Cool. And a change in jobs? so great for you, and a forced rest too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These boots were made for walking........hope your toe feels better. Your boot is very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great sentiment, and great tangled boot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am from Texas so that boot is perfect for me! Love it! Speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete